Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Want a sneak peek into my day?


I have four daughters, I run a computer game company, I teach statistics and I teach judo. It is not often that all of these worlds come together, but lately they have.

I was looking at a photo that Hans Gutknecht had taken of two of my daughters at practice.


It got me to thinking about our latest game, Forgotten Trail. To win the game, crossing thousands of miles, to learn math and to succeed in sports all take perseverance. One thing people need to learn is to keep going even when they can't even remember a time they weren't tired, sore and wanting to give up.

I thought it would be good to have points in the game when the player gets advice from characters they meet, everyone from a great-aunt to an older sibling. I was talking about this with the amazing Justin Flores, our talented artist and he immediately had the concept of an older sister encouraging an exhausted younger one to go on.

The scene takes place at the top of a hill when the character sees how much further there still is to go.
Justin is working on this now. By tomorrow night, you should be able to see the finished product, with the photo and game scene together.

If you back us on Kickstarter, for $100 or more, you'll even get your very own autographed copy.

Okay, back to making games. Working late tonight because I have to knock off early tomorrow evening to go to a movie.


No comments: